Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thanksgiving

One Thousand Gifts and counting ...

1. A quiet home with children in bed
2. Time for thoughts
3. Shelter to keep me safe and dry
4. Sisters who love, care, & share
5. Husband who shoos me to retreat
6. Solitude
7. Friends who love me for who I am
8. Time to be and not do
9. Silence
10. Listening to God
11. Raspberry Lemon Drop Martinis
12. Knowing I don't have to cook dinner
13. Space in unhurriness
14. Water play
15. Getting into earth and planting
16. Time with a brother
17. Having focus
18. Sunny baseball games
19. Intelligent conversations with my son.
20. Knowing there is a time to go to bed and tomorrow is a new day

Thank you Ann Voscamp  "One Thousand Gifts"

To focus on the thanksgiving and not the lack.  To focus on the goal and not the want.  To focus on the important and not the urgent.   Is to find contentment and peace.  What a struggle that is each and every day for me!  Why?  I should wake up in the morning with my first thoughts of praise and thanksgiving.  Instead it is -- Do I really need to get out of bed?  Can't I sleep just one more minute ... hour?  Why is it morning already?   Is this a soul matter or a health matter or are they the same?  I guess everyday I just keep trying and not giving up.   Until that moment when it happens and I'm not even being intentional, it has just become a part of who I am. 

Thank you God for all that you give me, help me to appreciate those moments and strive to seek you more in everything.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment