Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Listening

I'm quiet. 
Listening for God.
He comes in a whisper, but it is oh so quiet of a whisper. 
So I need to be quiet.
How hard that is when there is children ... husband ... work ... sports ... reading ... dishes ... volunteering ...
Is it in all this I can listen?
I need to open my eyes and ears to God's whispering

* reading a book with my daughter, laying in bed with her and helping her sound out words in her children's Bible.
* tossing a ball with my son in the backyard, attempting to throw and catch as well as he can.
* helping her get the shoes on the right feet, in clothes that are presentable, and keeping that smile on her face.
* vacuuming the floor so he is content when he comes home.
* painting a house for a family who so deserves it!

Here I am Lord.
I'm listening to you in the quiet and the noise of life, looking for all of your blessings.
And waiting for your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment