Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Something New

I've been reading a blog recently and it is amazing the thoughts that go through my head when I am reading.  I'm not a well spoken person - or at least I don't think so - but I do need to find a way to get my thoughts out.  Journaling on paper has never worked for me, probably because there is no accountability.  Not sure that a blog will offer the accountability either.  One thing that I have learned about myself is the importance of not bottling myself up and not sharing myself with others.  By sharing my story, I am often able to help others share theirs. 

So who am I? 
... Child of God ... Wife ... Mother ... Daughter ... Sister ... Friend ... Volunteer ... Caretaker ...
... I work in the church ... I work with Pampered Chef ... I am CFO for my family ...
... Chef and Nutritionist for my family ... Trying to keep up with my husband's technology fits ...

I could keep going -- couldn't I?

Today I keep thinking about all these roles.  I have been caring for a sick 2 year old (who doesn't think she's sick...)  Do you know how infuriating that can be?  No, you can't play outside.  No, you really do need to take this medicine.  No, we can't go shopping.  No, I can't share this drink with you.  But then there are the Yes's... Yes, we can cuddle and read a book.  Yes, we can sit together under this blanket. Yes, we can look at your baby pictures.  Yes, I can share my love!

Some days this doesn't seem enough.  But when I take a step back and contemplate what is really important.  This is more than enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment