Friday, January 6, 2012

2012

So I have been hesitant to determine a goal for the new year ... no resolutions for me, becuase I always fail and then feel horrible for failing.  I would love to loose some weight, eat healthier, exercise, read my Bible daily, scrapbook daily, take more photos, spend more time with friends, Stay on top of our home finances better, keep a clean house .... I could keep on going, but all I am pointing out are the failures or faults that I have. 
Today I read of someone who is claiming finding JOY everyday as her resolution.  I also read of someone who claimed that thier year would look drastically different at the end than at the beginning (It did, but not in the expected ways ... be careful what you wish for).  So, what about me?  What is happening in 2012 that I need to develop and work on?
I have made the committment to return to school.  I am working on my Masters through an online program.  I LOVE school and learning.  Reading and applying to my life have become an almost addiction to me.  I think it has bettered me as most of it has been related to my faith growth.  But now I am heading in a direction where I will be graded on my applications! 
This is my resolution for 2012.  To live as fully and healthily as I can that day.  Mentally, Physically, Emotionally, Socially, Vocationally, Spiritually, Environmentally ... be the best person that I could THAT DAY ... if I go to bed at the end of the day and I am not happy with that day ... then I will start over the next day.  Did I struggle socially that day?  then I'll work a bit harder on it the next day.  Did I have an emotional break down and yell at the kids?  Start over the next day, appologize, repair damage, and move on.
I can do it.  I can be the person God has designed me to be.  I will do it.  I will be the person God has designed me to be.
My new mantra!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment